TeX subset into MathML conversion? (as a Perl module, ideally)
Ivan Shmakov
2012-05-30 04:52:50 UTC
So far, I've found three free software packages that allow for
TeX (subset) into (presentational) MathML conversion [1-3].

The goal is to make an Ikiwiki [4] extension to allow for easier
typesetting of formulae. As the former is based on Perl, I'm
somewhat inclined to take the LaTeXML [1] code as the basis,
though I guess it still may take considerable effort to extract
the relevant parts into a separate Perl module.

On the contrary, [2, 3] aren't in Perl, and thus will probably
take much more effort to adapt to be used conveniently from
Perl.

Or should I use LaTeX::TOM [5] instead?

I wonder, is there anything else I should consider?

[1] http://dlmf.nist.gov/LaTeXML/
[2] http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/~distler/blog/itex2MML.html
[3] http://gva.noekeon.org/blahtexml/
[4] http://ikiwiki.info/
[5] http://search.cpan.org/~schubiger/LaTeX-TOM-1.03/
FSF associate member #7257
Donald Arseneau
2012-05-31 23:04:48 UTC
Post by Ivan Shmakov
So far, I've found three free software packages that allow for
TeX (subset) into (presentational) MathML conversion [1-3].
TtM (associated with TtH).

Donald Arseneau ***@triumf.ca
Ivan Shmakov
2012-06-01 05:56:15 UTC
[Dropping news:comp.lang.perl.modules from Followup-To:.]
Post by Donald Arseneau
So far, I've found three free software packages that allow for TeX
(subset) into (presentational) MathML conversion [1-3].
TtM (associated with TtH).
ACK, thanks. Do I understand it correctly that it's free
software (as per [1])?

[1] http://hutchinson.belmont.ma.us/tth/manual/sec14.html#tth_sEc14
FSF associate member #7257
Donald Arseneau
2012-06-01 17:44:48 UTC
Post by Ivan Shmakov
ACK, thanks. Do I understand it correctly that it's free
software (as per [1])?
[1] http://hutchinson.belmont.ma.us/tth/manual/sec14.html#tth_sEc14
I gather so. It wasn't originally, but then the license changed and it
went onto sourceforge.

Donald Arseneau ***@triumf.ca