Good registrar with URL frame forwarding that forward complete URL (including fragment id / anchor name)
S P Arif Sahari Wibowo
2006-05-28 18:45:15 UTC
Hi!

Do you know good domain name registrars that have multiple
sub-domain URL frame forwarding (also called "masking" or
"cloaking") which will forward complete URL, including fragment
id / anchor name?

Right now I am using Wingsix, which works fine except that its
URL frame forwarding will strip the fragment id from URL, so
using fragment in URL won't work.

If the registrar support multiple e-mail forwarding that
recognize extension addresses (e.g. arifsaha-***@domain.name
will have the same forwarding as ***@domain.name), it will
be even better! :-)

Thanks!
--
(Stephan Paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
_____ _____ _____ _____
_____/ / / / _____/ http://www.arifsaha.com/
Mike Berger
2006-05-29 00:04:43 UTC
That's a service provided by your DNS server, not the domain
registrar. Have your domain served by a local ISP that knows
what they're doing. It doesn't matter which registrar you use.
Thanks!
S P Arif Sahari Wibowo
2006-05-30 15:03:27 UTC
Post by Mike Berger
That's a service provided by your DNS server, not the domain
registrar.
Actually, a DNS server will not give URL frame forwarding. A web
server - set up properly - will be needed. Many domain registrar
do give that service this day, I just want the one that give
that service with particular behaviour.
Post by Mike Berger
Have your domain served by a local ISP that knows what they're
doing. It doesn't matter which registrar you use.
I asked for URL forwarding because I have no intention for the
domain to be served by a local ISP. Thanks though!
Post by Mike Berger
Post by S P Arif Sahari Wibowo
Hi!
Do you know good domain name registrars that have multiple
sub-domain URL frame forwarding (also called "masking" or
"cloaking") which will forward complete URL, including
fragment id / anchor name?
Right now I am using Wingsix, which works fine except that
its URL frame forwarding will strip the fragment id from URL,
so using fragment in URL won't work.
If the registrar support multiple e-mail forwarding that
will be even better! :-)
Thanks!